Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:5

Friday, December 2, 2011

Fighting Back!

I am trying to make a decision that will affect our family greatly. I know what I want to do, I know what God wants me to do but to actually do it and not be terrified is really hard. (For those of you who don't know what my choice is, you will soon enough. The time is not right to tell it. Just bare with me in this blog and think of it as a general "FIGHT THE DEVIL BLOG"!!! lol)

Brandon and I have been thinking about it for about 3 weeks now. Making sure we have our ducks in a row, being prepared for it, its what we do!  The closer we get to the time when we will have to make a "yes or no", the more anxious I get. This is a perfect example of how the devil will try to sabatoge your dreams.

I KNOW that we will be ok, I KNOW that God will provide. I KNOW that it will be hard. I also know that with the strength and courage from God, we will not only make this choice the best ever, God will bless us for it.

When you have a dream about to come true, the devil will step in and make you doubt yourself. That is exactly what he is doing to me right now!!! Starting yesterday, that mean ol' devil has been after me!  He has told me that "this choice will break my marriage, it will destroy our lives, we wont live happily, I am not strong enough, I am not cut out for this, I will ruin the rest of my life".  Typically that is good reason to run the other way....oh not for me...not for any child of God's! I will fight that devil!

I really hate hearing and feeling these things so I pray and I hard pray for God to reveal the truth to me. My only defense against the devil is God and His TRUTH; it is what I know to be TRUE! His word! He loves me and will bless me for living for Him. He will not give me anything that I cannot handle. I think that sometimes God will put a though into your mind and it is his secret way of telling you what you should do. Its like a test, do you muster the courage and strength through him and DO IT or let the devil win?!?

I want this so badly, I WILL WIN!!!! 

On the way to work, I was frustrated with that dang devil. Always in my ear, in my head and it was messing with every part of me! Turning my blessings turn into burdens <~~ That is just totally FALSE!!

I wanted to hear a song that would speak to me, so I searched Pandora on my phone and was getting upset/mad because they were all...well blah. I finally turned to my trusty channel, Nicol Sponberg, and BAM! Like lightening to my soul, I heard, Yet I will Praise. (I searched for lyrics to show you all, but couldn't find them.) It told me that even when I cant see, even when I am in darkness, I will trust and praise Him. He died for us and I can have His strength. 

It was like God was hugging my heart and telling me that I would be A-OK!

I am all better now, and I am back on the TGT, aka "Trust God Train". ha ha ha I just made that up and I LOVE IT!!  Who is with me?!?! Get on the TGT!!! 

I hope you have a great weekend friends!!

And remember, "When that pesky devil tells you that your dreams cannot come true or your blessings are burdens, you can gather your arsenal on the TGT"

(Reading this after I have finished makes me cry...I think it is very powerful and it encourages me to keep going, I hope it does for you too!)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for being open and honest! I've felt that way too! Satan is on the attack and all too often I believe the lies he tells me! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this made me cry too. Love you Miranda! I'm joining you on the TGT and praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete