Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:5

Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Lord is My Portion

On this day, my birthday, I want to share a small passage that changed the way I think/feel/believe.

Before I read this, I knew nothing about Jesus or God. After reading this passage, I understood that His love for me, even as the flawed person I am, is unbreakable. This passage lit the fire with in me and I knew that I wanted Jesus in my life. I keep this passage in my bible and I reread it quiet often.

The Lord is my constant companion.
There is no need that He cannot fulfill.
Whether His course for me points to the
mountain tops or the the valleys of human suffering,
He is by my side.
He is ever present with me.
He is close beside me
When I tread the dark streets of danger,
and even when I flirt with death itself,
He will not leave me.
When the pain is severe,
He is near to comfort.
When the burden is heavy
He is there to lean upon.
When depression darkens my soul,
He touches me with eternal joy.
When I feel empty and alone,
He fills the aching vacuum with His power.
My security is in His promise
to be near me always
and in the knowledge
that He will never let me go.


May God bless you all and
May He bless me with many more birthdays with my family.

1 comment:

  1. Miranda! I am so happy for you that you found a relationship with Jesus Christ. What a difference He can make in our lives when we let Him. There is nothing too small or too big that HE can't handle. I look forward to following your blog to see the amazing things He will do in your life. Blessings! Julee Rachels

    ReplyDelete