Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:5

Friday, January 20, 2012

My Leap of Faith

As I write this blog, my heart and hands tremble. I have been listening to the Lord speak to me for a few months about something. I have seen his signs and today is the day that I take the leap of faith he requires of me.

I am nervous and scared of the "what ifs". But I am trusting God. Trusting that this is his will and he will provide for my family. I know that God works for the good of all who believe, and I certainly believe.

I admit, sometimes I read ahead on my Jesus Calling book, I read this one on Tuesday because I wanted to see what the amazing Lord had to offer me on this high anxiety day. And once again, He proves to me that He is already ahead of me. He is in everything! That is is looking out for my heart, all I have to do is trust him! And if I didn't have enough clarification, I certainly do after reading this:
APPROACH THIS DAY WITH AWARENESS OF WHO IS BOSS. As you make plans for the day, remember that it is I who orchestrate the events of your life. On days when things go smoothly, according to your plans, you may be unaware of My sovereign Presence. On days when you plans are thwarted, be on the lookout for Me! I may be doing something important in your life, something quite different from what you expected. It is essential at such times to stay in communication with Me,m accepting My way as better than yours. Don't try to figure out what is happening. Simply trust Me and thank Me in advance for the good that will come out of it all. I know the plans I have for your, and they are good.
Ok!! When I read that I was immediately filled with hope and love for the Lord. I am still nervous and have thoughts of self doubt, but I am brought back to the what I know to be true:
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him. - Psalm 28:7
Taking a leap of faith consist of getting out of your comfort zone. I know that I am safe where I am, I have been here for a long time. It is a terrific place to be, but in this season of my life my heart has choose to be elsewhere. My heart knows what the Lord has put on me to do. I give the Lord complete control. He has blessed Brandon and I will providing all the things we had on our to do list before we felt comfortable taking this leap. We have "all of our ducks in a row" and now it is in His hands!!

Dear God,
I come to you with a humble heart and acknowledge that you are my strength and salvation, that you are the purpose for which I live. Please be with me today as I make a huge commitment, Lord. Please help my surroundings accept it and be present in the people lives that it effects, give them peace. I do this for you and my family. I completely trust you; for I know your plans for me are good and you will not withhold anything good from those who do what is right. Thank you Lord for saving me and showing me the way. I am "living by faith, one day at a time" as I put in my 2 week resignation at work and become a homemaker and be with our son!   - In your powerful name I pray, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment