Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:5

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Change for Grace

So, I'm just gonna be honest here. A lot of my time is spent thinking of things that I want to do better. I am reading a book (or two) about simplifying your life, which I am totally and completely into. 
 
Things that sound amazing for my family, things that I wish I could do, things that I want to try, things that never get done because I am still thinking of them. I turn to prayer and pray about which of them the Lord sees fit for me to expand on. But I become stuck and I digress back into my quick sand.
 
I have a great life, I am not complaining about it at all, that is not what this blog is about. However, I know that I have more potential than I am putting forth.
 
During prayer a few morning's ago, as I was just causally praying to God about why I haven't done these things that are weighing heavier and heavier on me, he casually said,
"You cant expect changes, if you don't make changes."
Yeah, I know, that it so simple and easy to do. Of course you have to make changes if you want changes.
 
You see, I was so busy praying and possibly relying on God to "fix" them that I was forgetting to move.  I was praying but standing still.
 
So I have realized that I need to move! Move forward, even if it is small steps. As long as I am moving in the direction I want to end up! That means I am putting down all the distractions that have been holding me down. To clear my mind and get focused on what I want to be done.
 
I have also been thinking about 'grace' a lot lately. I have been a 'loaded gun' of anxiety. God gives us grace, even though we do not deserve it. Kindness, despite our acts of rebellious against him. Second chances, third chances, fourth chances, fifth chances. He never fails to forgive us, because His loves is never ending.
 
Should we love like that? I think so. How many times has he told me to do something and I ignored him because I thought I knew better, or I wanted something else?  Or because I told myself, "I am still praying about it". Too many, I am afraid.  But yet, he gives me grace and compassion.
 
God wants us to forgive our children for not listening (over and over again), spouses for saying hurtful things, friends for being as human as we are. Grace goes a long way.
 
I see the answer to my anxiety is grace. God extends grace to me so that I can forgive myself for all the times I have messed up in my parenting, as being a wife and being a friend or anywhere in life. I need to extend it to myself as well.
 
In this mornings Jesus Calling, the first line is "It is all right to be human"! Aahhhhhh, thank you Lord. Thankfully it is becuse I fail, everyday. But to hear that it is alright to be human, it was and is comforting! We are all human, all fighting the same battles, in different ways.
 
I will make these simplicity changes. One at a time! My friends and I have a garage sale coming sooner than I think and I HAVE to get moving!! :)
 
{And better yet, we think that we 'need' things that we truly don't, when so many people live without. And what we do buy, sits on the shelves, never gets played with after the first day or we buy our fifth black tshirt. Waistful comes to mind. (Yup, maybe that is another blog entirely!)}
Grace; God's unmerited favor; a manifestation of favor, especially by a superior; a virtue coming from God; kindness; a reprieve; unmerited divine assistance given humans for their regeneration or sanctification.  
God's
Riches
At
Christ's
Expense 
 
He will take my anxiety away and replace it with grace. If I give my life (completly) to him, pick up my cross and follow him. 
 
Thanks for listening to me, once again! :) Be blessed friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment