Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:5

Friday, February 1, 2013

The Power in Waiting

Waiting is a hard thing to do. No matter what you are waiting on, it is hard. We are in a world that is set a a fast pace. Everyone is 'hurry up and wait'. Hurry hurry hurry. Hurry and put the kids to bed. Hurry and eat. Hurry and get do this, hurry and do that. Cant wait for the kids to grow up... you get the point.
 
Some times we are waiting for something great and the waiting is even harder. The anxiety and anticipation build as each day that passes and 'it' hasn't happened yet. 
 
Some times we are waiting for something that only the Lord can give. We don't know when it will occur, or how it will happen, but we know that it will happen. So we wait.
But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. - 2 Peter 3:8
The Lord does not delay. His timing is perfect. It may seem that it is taking forever for the Lord to answer a prayer. But in the process of waiting, he will be teaching, you just need to be open to hearing and seeing him. To be able to hear and see him, you need to know him and the only way to know him is to read his word.  
 
I've always heard that the Lord will make himself known in a time of waiting. Well, I have seen it.
 
I am in a period of waiting for my husband to receive the Lord.
 
For a long time, together as a family we would pray before bed time with Landen. We did this for months. Then when we got a new bed for Landen, things got switched up in how we did bed time. Then, Daddy didn't stay for prayer time anymore. My first instinct was to be upset.  But I stopped myself from even thinking that he was walking out on 'us'. I decided not to let those feelings in and instead, prayed harder for him.
 
I was talking to friend last night at ladies night about this and she brought this to my attention. Maybe he has decided to stop praying with us because now he has to kneel during prayer. Praying on your knees is very powerful.
 
Falling to your knees is a position of submission to the Lord.
 
Just thinking of this makes me cry. Seeing it close is powerful. Seeing Gods hand at work gives me chills.
 
I don't want to speculate or assume anything. But I know what God word says.
 
I know that he will save my husband, in his time.
"For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost". - Luke 19:10
I know that since I ask God for it and truly believe, we will receive it. I whole heartedly thank him for Brandon's salvation daily.
"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours." - Mark 11:24
I shall wait patiently. Being taught many things in the process. Open to transformation, with my husband.

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him." 1 John 5:14-15
 
"Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." Hebrews 4:16

In times of need, I can approach his throne with confidence knowing that he will accept me just the way I am and refill me to continue to be his light in this world.

*Be Blessed Friends. Even in trials, I am.*

No comments:

Post a Comment