Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:5

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

With Time?

{Warning - a blog of me missing an old friend. Its about to get personal.}
 
How does the old saying go, "just give it time", or "don't worry, time will heal your wound". {Something like that?}
 
How much time is needed?
 
What about distance? Does distance heal brokenness?  How much distance is needed?
 
I don't know the answers to these questions, I dont need them. 
 
The only answer I need is God. Who can heal all wounds? God.
 
God can. And God will.  I dont know how He will, but He will.
 
I am personally in the process of healing/growing from a... whats the word I am looking for? It isn't a problem because the relationship isn't regreted. I am healing and growing from ... a lesson.
 
It is a lesson to learn about my self (and the other person, if given the chance) but mostly about God, who is strongly helping me through it.
 
Right now, it feels like I will always have this in my life. That I will never be able to drop the connection I had with my friend. There are so many good things that tie us together.
 
It has been months and I still have to give it to the Lord to heal me from the anxiety and sadness it causes. Some days, I give it over to the Lord, many times. Over and over again.
 
I haven't talk to her in months, yet still think about her every day. I want to talk to her, but I feel that I cant. It is a difficult situation.
 
There is a lot of distance between us. Thousands of miles. If distance is needed, we have it.
 
I dont know where she stands, how she feels or anything. My flesh wants to know, but I truly dont need to. God will guide us.
 
Some times it is easier to push it all away and act like it never happened, but being human, your emotions keep your mind wondering. Or for me, that is how it happens. I start to miss her, and then I get myself tied up in knots. 
 
Deep breath and I focus on what is in front of me, my beautiful family.
 
Deep breath and I focus on what God has given me right now, a wonderful and blessed life.
 
Deep breath and I focus on the task at hand, living my current life.
 
Deep breath and I tell satan to back down, he has no place here! He will not fill me with lies about myself or her.
 
I will look back and remember the things that He has done for me and thank Him for the things that He will do for me. I will pray for my friend and her family. I will continue to thank God for her in my life.
 
God is faithful. God works ALL things for good for those who belive in him. 
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. - Romans 8:28
Right now, this may not seem like a good thing but there have been good things come out of it.  I may miss my friend dearly, but I know that we are both growing in areas that we couldn't grow together.
 
Maybe for this season in our lives, we are not friends. And that is ok.
 
Ecclesiastes 3:1-11 says:
 
 There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under the heavens:

a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot, 
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build, 
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

What do workers gain from their toil? I have seen the burden God has laid on the human race. He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end.
 
Everything beautiful in its time.
 
Now THAT is encouraging and what I will hold onto.
 
*Be Blessed Friends*
 




No comments:

Post a Comment