Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:5

Monday, February 4, 2013

Our Journey



We have been through it all. Thick and thin. Good and bad. The pretty and the ugly.

God has provided for our family in many ways to allow me to stay at home with Landen. Today marks the 1 year anniversary of our journey! My heart is so full of thankfulness, gratitude and joy! 

I am very thankful for my husband who is dedicated to our family and enables me to have this time with Landen.

When I decided to take the 'leap of faith' to stay home and quit my job, I knew that there would be bumps in the road but I also knew that there would be many glorious days spent with Landen.

Days spent teaching him new things, teaching him God's word and what he represents, days spent learning about myself through him. Learning how to be a better wife and mom.

Right now, I choose not to look to far ahead into our future. I want to stay right where we are, in the present. It is the first year of our journey. The Lord has much more planned for us, but we need not to worry about any thing but today.

With Landen being a smart, wild, hilarious, energetic 3 year old.

And me, his biggest fan.

On a journey together, one day at a time.

Each day leaning on the Lord for when we run out, he picks up and we keep going.

He certainly keeps me on my toes, and shows me more of myself than I thought was there. But I wouldn't trade the last year for anything. The wisest parenting choice Brandon and I have made.

I love where we are, let us soak in the present.
 
Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it.-- Proverbs 22:6

No comments:

Post a Comment