Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:5

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Live with the End in Mind

Have you ever gotten to the end of something and said to yourself "If I only had known"? I sure have. I said it today in my last MOPs meeting when my table did a questionnaire about knowing me. "Man, I wish I would have told them all those things!! If I knew that questionnaire was coming at the end, I would have prepped them." It was a fun little game and I have no knowledge of a questionnaire at the end. But as I was driving home I thought back to what my mentor once told me, "live with the end in mind".
 
I think my life is wonderful now but let's say that I woke up tomorrow and said "today I am going to live with the end in mind", how different do I think my life would be?  (I predict it would be extrawonderful.)
 
I would wake up earlier and thank my God for that day and give extra time to Him.
 
I would never let a moment slip by with out actually living in it fully.
 
I would always love and serve my husband with humility and a open heart!
 
I would never say hello to a friend when they crossed my mind no matter what the past says.
 
I would teach my son about humility, love, grace, commitment, service and how to have fun.
 
I would search out others who never ask for anything in return and serve them more.
 
I would dance in the rain with my son instead of watching him.
 
I would continue to seek the Lords will for us and not get lost in the world.
 
I would not check my phone when I have a second of free time, instead I would find some one to hug.
 
I would spend more time dancing in the kitchen with the music up way to loud with my boy....because he just loves it!
 
I would take time to really delight in the hardships.
 
I would be weak for Him, when I am weak HE is strong!
 
These are just a few of the things I would do.
 
One day, the end will come. It will be a glorious day! I want to be able to fall at His feet and say that I fought a good fight and persevered with faith!
 
I want to be remembered as a wife, mother and woman who fearfully loved the Lord.
 
The Lord gave me the word 'seek' for 2014. I am seeking His face and He is showing up! It is remarkable and just lovely! These verses sum it up for me.

Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him.”

The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him,
to the one who seeks him;
it is good to wait quietly
for the salvation of the Lord.
    - Lamentations 3:22-26
 
'Live with the end in mind'
Bless someone and be blessed friends
-Miranda
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment