Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:5

Monday, December 31, 2012

2 Corinthians 4:8-10

We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body. -  2 Corinthians 4:8-10 
Have you ever read this verse before? I haven't before today. I cant get it out of my head. It is speaking to my soul. I have read it over and over again. And each time I get something out of it. Each time it makes my heart rattle with joy.
 
We are hard pressed on every side but not crushed. We are never incapable of over coming! With god, nothing is impossible! Nothing!!
 
Perplexed, but not in despair.  Definition of despair; loss of hope. As Christians, we always have hope. Our hope is in Jesus Christ alone! God sent his only son to die for our sins so that we can have hope of an eternal future.
 
Persecuted, but not abandoned. The world will persecute us for what we believe or do not believe. How we act or don't act. The culture will persecute us for not following along with the trends. But the Lord will never abandon us. His compassion is new every morning. He never leaves nor forsakes us. He is a strong tower that we can lean on and he will make our paths straight. No one can fathom how  wide and so deep His love for us is.
 
Struck down, but not destroyed.  We are guaranteed to fall but each time we do, we are not destroyed. We fall to learn something about our selves, our journey, or something about God. What is He trying to tell us? Sometimes when we fall we end up closer to God. I know I did. 
 
We always carry around in our body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be revealed in our body.  We must always remember the effect of Jesus' death. The Crucifixion. Jesus, half God, half man. Perfect in every way, who was also tempted in every way suffered a gruelling death so that we may live! He also died so that we can have the Holy Spirit, what a gift!
 
If we remember his death, then the life of Jesus is revealed in our body; through the way we live. Showing others the life of Jesus Christ. By the way that we don't give up. By the way we don't follow the culture, but choose to follow God's word. By the way we save our marriages and treat our spouses. By the simple acts of kindness towards others, strangers. How we cherish our kids. People will see this and wonder 'what we have' and they will want it too. Thats how we can share the good news friends!
 
This verse has restored my hope that wasn't even broken. It has strengthen me in a new way! I hope that you have found some courage, hope and strength in it as well
 
Happy New Year Friends!! May 2013 bring you many blessings and closer to God.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment