Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:5

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Consider the Lilies (Part 2)

I've still been considering how the lilies grow. All the things it takes for a perfect lily to bloom, just the way God intended.

The more and more I twirl the idea around in my head, the more I can see how we are like lilies. (I've had these ideas in my head for a while, it's time they get out.)

I have a small lily bunch in my front yard and about 3 weeks ago I noticed that they hadn't started to bloom. Then one day I noticed that one had sprouted a stem! It still had a while to go before it was ready to be a fully bloomed lily but it was on its way.

 They grow tall stems before they open there bulbs. They don't force there flower open before its ready. They wait patiently. For the perfect amount of time. Patience. Lilies have patience. The amount of time that God deemed necessary.

I can take a lesson from that. Knowing that God has deemed my life necessary and has the perfect amount of time planned out for everything, every season. I haven't fully bloomed yet, but I am on my way.

Once that one lily started, I noticed that all of them started to sprout stems and then bulbs!

They follow suit. 'Plant a seed and watch it grow.' We can be contagious with our behavior. How we treat others and how we treat ourselves. When other people see us doing good deeds, they will be more inclined to follow suit.

Each stem has either two or three flowers on it, very beautiful little bunch! But with each flower comes weight. The more weight, the weaker the stem. There is one poor lily that is on the ground, in need of repair. It is bearing to much weight.

Just like us, we weigh our selves down with stuff, things and activities. The more we do and the more we get, the heavier we become.

God gave us a 'stem' for a purpose. To get stuff done and to provide for our family and others but when we become to over worked and burdened with them, we get heavy and in need of repair.
 
Carrying a load that is too heavy is dangerous. That is when sin creeps in, and satan begins to take over.

God is that repair man, that we so desperatly seek. He created our stems to be beautiful. Not broken and bent. To be strong and healthy, not weak and fragile.

I will have to cut a flower or two off of that stem so it can stand strong again. Maybe even tie it up with another one to help heal it.

We may have to drop some things or activities to heal our bent 'stems' and brokenness and find healing in God. He will and wants too comfort us in our time of need.

Our friends will be there to help hold us up when we can't stand alone anymore. Friendships are important. I am very thankful for mine.

Consider how the lilies grow.

A small verse that has struck my heart. And that is it for now. :)
 
*Be Blessed Friends*
 
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." - Matthew 11:28-29
 

No comments:

Post a Comment