Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:5

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Jesus and Mimi

{{I wrote this blog (to Landen) for Landen's blog page. I wanted to share it for my page.}}

This afternoon when I picked you up from school, you said something that I do not ever want to forget.

Just last week we lost Mimi. She went to be with Jesus. When we told you about it, you understood it really well. You understood that she rose up to be with Jesus, and we can't go see her again until Jesus calls us to heaven. That she got a new body in heaven, a healthy body. And will dance the streets of gold. A body that is new, so we had to bury the old body in a tomb. Just like Jesus.

I am so grateful for God's perfect will. For coming into my life when He did and giving me 2 years to establish truth into your young life; for building the foundation in which we stand on. Without that, you would be lost right now. Without that, we all would be lost right now.

On our drive home, we had to stop by a friends house and deliver a disc. We took a way that we have never traveled before. On that route was a church. When we passed it, you said "I saw Jesus and Mimi!" (Just typing that gives me goose bumps.)

It didn't seem abnormal to me to hear that from you, so I asked, "Where did you see them at?".

You said that you saw them at that church we had just passed. I then asked you what they were doing and you told me that they were picking flowers.

{Right there. Right then, I could see it. The sun shining down on them and my sweet, pure boy seeing his Mimi picking flowers with our Savior.

I elaborated with you and told you how amazing it must be to pick flowers with Jesus! I reaffirmed your vision, because there is not a doubt in my mind about what you saw. How amazing!! To see how God comforts us. He is a God of comfort and peace. We just have to be open to see it. To have child like faith! Thank you Landen!

*Also today in school the teachers told me that you were being extra loud. {Kinda normal for you!} But when I asked you why you were loud today, you told me that you were singing loud for Jesus today! - Well then son, I will let that one slide!*

I love your heart, soul and your faith. You are my daily challenge. A challenge given to me by God, a challenge that I accept graciously and willingly! All for His glory!

I love you so much little man.

Thank you for loving me, even on my worst days. And for letting me see your faith shine through your eyes.

I love you to the stars and back!
- Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment