Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:5

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Reacting in the Spirit

Ok, here is the deal. I had an experience this afternoon that really tested me. When it was over, I told a friend that I passed the test. The devil tried and tried very well to interrupt me and cause me to react in the flesh.

A guy whom I had never met disrespected me, my son, my sister and my niece and nephew. He cursed  directly to me around my son. He was belligerent and obnoxious. He disregarded my parenting towards Landen.

The whole time I felt choked. I had many thoughts going through my head. Like how could he, how dare he, who does he think he is, so on and so forth.

Finally I grabbed Landen and told my family good bye and we left.

I was shaking. Uncomfortable. I felt disrespected. This had never happened before and I really didn't like it. The world is a cruel place and for my son to be in direct hit of this man, was unacceptable.

I chose not to say anything because I couldnt say anything nice! I felt the Holy Spirit inside me, and working though me. I was thinking of Him the whole time. He kept me calm on the outside, as I was trying to be calm on the outside. I know this person needs Christ and maybe I was the one God put in his path for a higher purpose.

Landen and I told him goodbye and we left.

I feel that God put this man on my radar for a purpose. I have added him to my prayer list.

I remember him saying to me that he had a lot of drama in his life and to excuse his behavior. I will not. I will not excuse his behavior. I will however invite him to church. I will extend the invitation to let him know the one person that can help him.

So, the main point to this blog is to let you all know that MY GOD ROCKS!! But you already knew that!

I grabbed my kindle and had to remove my Jesus Calling book to get it. I decided to reread today's message to see if it related to the events of today because I had honestly forgotten what it has said. I was astounded. This is what it said:
"I am training you in steadiness. Too many things interrupt your awareness of Me. I know that you live in a world of sigh and sound, but you must not be a slave to those stimuli. Awareness of Me can continue in all circumstances, no matter what happens. This is the steadiness I desire for you.

Don't let unexpected events throw you off course. Rather, respond calmly and confidently, remembering that I am with you. As soon as something grabs your attention, talk with Me about it. Thus I share your joys and problems; I help you cope with whatever is before you. This is how I live in you and work through you. This is the way of Peace."

I am so grateful for My God!   He is so personal for me. I am thankful He was with me and allowing me to react in the Spirit not in Flesh!

AMEN!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment