Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:5

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Clearing My Mind

I want to let you all know that I wrote this blog yesterday. I just didn't publish it....not sure why I didn't; I felt unfinished about it. The issue at hand was still very much on my mind last night, and this morning. I read this morning's Jesus Calling devotion, and while it was great, I decided to pick a different one. I  scrolled through and page 143  (the actual page number) jumped out at me. Like I was seeing it in bold print. So, I read it. First please read my blog so you know what was on my mind.
**************************************************************

For the longest time now, I have been feeling conviction for my "planning issues". It first started when God lead me to this verse in BSF:
Be very careful, then, how you live - not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord's will is - Ephesians 5:15-17 
It struck me deeply. To use my time wisely, not unwise.  So I started thinking of my time and how I choose to use it.

Just typing this gives me anxiety because I have yet to conquer the feeling of conviction...meaning I have some work to do. Maybe blogging about it will help sort it out in my mind. Bear with me!

Between:
  • Quality time with Landen, not cleaning or doing anything except spending time with Landen.
  • Time set aside for cleaning, laundry, organizing and extra household chores.
  • Meal planning, cooking breakfast, lunch and dinner
  • Time for me to have one on one time with My Maker
  • Having quality family time when Brandon gets home
  • Time for myself
There are a LOT of things that I do. It seems that my Mother Day's Out days are full of me running ragged trying to get as much stuff as I can done before 2:30.....and still feeling that I am neglecting something or someone - myself.

I guess I could try and lower my clean house standards.....yeah right! That isn't gonna happen. Maybe I can find a few days to be ok with a less clean house to do something else. Maybe I can....maybe I can....

I want to have a home cooked lunch for Landen every day a good meal and a good meal for my family but most weeks I don't get around to planning meals for grocery days.

What I need to do is pray specifically for God to show me where my time is needed most.

************************************************
Ok friends....here is the bomb God dropped on me this morning from Jesus Calling, May 16

I AM YOUR LORD! Seek Me as Friend and Lover of your soul, but remember that I am also King of Kings - sovereign over all. You can make some plans as you gaze into the day that stretches out before you. But you need to hold those plans tentatively, anticipating that I may have other ideas. The most important thing to determine is what to do right now. Instead of scanning the horizon of your life, looking for things that need to be done, concentrate on the task before you and the One who never leaves your side. Let everything else fade in the background. This will UNCLUTTER YOUR MIND, allowing  Me to occupy more and more of your consciousness.
Trust me to show you what to do when you have finished what you are doing now. I will guide you step by step, as you bend your will to Mine. Thus you stay close to Me on the path of Peace. Proverbs 19:32; Luke 1:79
PRAISE you Lord. for directly answering my prayer to have a uncluttered mind - which I have bolded in case you missed it!! The past few weeks have felt crazy in there!  I am so thankful that our God is so personal!!  He is mine! Attending to my every need. Caring about ME! I am so loved and cherished. I AM CHOSEN and He will protect and help his children when they ask!

PRAISE YOU LORD!!!!

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I love this! This totally has just touched where I am too, running around, frantically trying to fit in all the chores I want to try to do so when I pick up Ethan I am not wasting his and my time on that, and then picking up church responsibilities, which surprisingly don't make me feel frantic, so I feel I am in the will of God doing them! I'll tell you what, I will give you about 15% of my lack of cleaning house attitude if you give me 15% of your OCD cleaning house attitude hahahahaha I love you girl. You are amazing. A true Christian SISTER.

    ReplyDelete