Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:5

Monday, June 4, 2012

Unexpected Places

Just one (of many) stories of how God is at work in my life at the moment. All praise be to Him.

Thursday when I picked Landen up from Mother's Day Out, I saw a flyer for a Splash Day for today in Hallsville at a church. It caught my attention for Landen. Then Friday, I got an email from the Little Texans about the same Splash Day. I had decided to go (in my mind) because it sounded like a great thing for Landen and a good way for me to meet new moms and friends. I am trying to branch out and meet new people.

Sunday at my Sunday School swim party I asked a friend if she was going to go (bc she is a part of Little Texans) and she said she was thinking about it. I told her that we were going and she said she probably would. (One thing I do know, is that when God wants us to hear something, He speaks it over and over again.)

This morning, she told me she was going. So we were on! I came prepared to splash!! I almost wore my bathing suit! LOL (and boy, I am sooo glad I didn't!).

I get there and the nice ladies tell me that the kids will be back here and us moms will be inside talking. "Talking? Umm, ok. Cool. So this is like a "come and drop Landen off and I can relax with other mommies?" SWEET!" Landen was set! Slip-n-slides, water tables, bubbles and kid pools. Meagan and I dropped off our boys and went inside.

We sat down and it was a, dare I say, a "set up" for MOPS!! I had been contemplating joining a MOPS but never had the right info, timing or feelings towards it. I didn't want to force a group onto us and try to make it work out of God's will.

While they were talking, I was having a chat with God. He totally threw this in my lap. I was take by surprise by this. Meagan wasn't. She said she kind of knew they might do this. But I didn't. I really had no clue. Would I have come if I knew? 

I had a great time. Landen had a great time. I met new friends and feel like the Lord won one over on me. :) He is truly amazing and knows whats best!

I have been praying for God to send me some one or something that will fill this "gap" in my life. The "gap" is hard to describe. It isn't a lack of friends, because I have friends, and they are great. Landen has friends and they are great. It is a "gap" that only God knows what it is and I've been praying that He will send something my way to fill it up.

I am excited to add this possible start up of a new MOPS group to my prayer list. I am excited to hear from the Lord and to see what He has in store for Landen and myself.

- One Blessed Lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment