Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:5

Monday, June 25, 2012

Legacy List to Live

At our Sunday School ladies night, Mrs. Janet asked us a question, "If today were your last day on earth, are you leaving behind all that you want to? If not, what are the thing that you want to leave behind? What do you want people to know about you? Your husband, your children? " 

We went over what we wanted to leave behind and let me tell you; ladies that I have around me, they are remarkable!! Mrs. Janet suggested that we write them down. Make a list, a "legacy list". A list that we can be reminded of each day of what our purpose is. A small, short list to keep us on track.

I fell in love with this idea. I want to call my list, "Legacy List to Live". I am going to print it out and put a copy in my bible, a copy in my devotional book, a copy in my wallet and maybe a copy of it as a background on my phone.

I have been thinking about that question a lot. What do I want on my list? What does my heart speak to others? What do I want my heart to speak to others, if it already doesnt? To my child, to my husband, to my family, friends?

I am beyond encouraged by this. Maybe you will be too.

*Be Blessed*

Legacy List to Live: (still a draft, subject to change)

Obedience child of God
Faithful wife and mother
Stay Present
Respectful
Thankful


No comments:

Post a Comment