Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:5

Friday, October 19, 2012

My Divine Appointment

I am reading Unglued. A great book that takes about many wonderful things, one of which is perspective.
 
Something that I was lacking the last week was perspective. Mainly with Landen.
 
I am nonstop with him. He is almost 3 with an attitude that is growing. Whines at the drop of a hat because he thinks he deserves everything. He is 1 child but majority of the time (and I say this non sarcastically) he is about 3 kids wrapped into 1. He and I have been at each other. We are about to break each other in to pieces!
 
I keep calling and calling on the only person that can help us, the only person who can give me the advice I need. The only person who knows how to handle Landen better than we do; that would be Landen's creator. God. Together, with His help, we will get through this..... and then we will face the next thing!
 
I would ask Landen, who is the only person that can help him and mommy right now and his answer would be Jesus. (Very powerful moment for a momma to witness.) Many, many times Landen and I would fall down into the floor and just pray for Jesus to help us.  We would sit and I would pray. Pray for Jesus to send the Holy Spirit into us, and help us understand one another. It certainly helped calm us down.
 
I love that the moments when I feel that I am coming unglued on my little curious 3 year old, together  we can call upon Jesus for His divine help.
 
But I felt as if I needed more...
 
I didn't know that God was going to give it to me in a Divine Appointment. He is always working on us, in us and around us. So I should have expected it.  Expect the unexpected with God, right?
 
A few weeks ago, two friends and I set up an appointment to travel and see another great friend who has been at Children's Medical Center in Dallas for about a month, with her second daughter who is now 1 month old. But 2 days before the day arrived my traveling companions had stuff come up and were not able to go. But my heart ever so much still wanted to go. So I went. And I am so glad that I did. For more reasons than this blog.  
 
Of course, I don't know God's plan, but dare I say that this was what I needed? A road trip with Jesus, to my unknowingly Divine Appointment? 
 
I was so looking forward to seeing my friend! I miss her!!  There family is in a tough spot, one that God put them in, because He knows that they are going to make it through this. She is a strong woman. A passionate mother, with a baby girl that is fighting for her life. With prayer, faith and God's mercy and grace they will get to come home soon. But not without a long road ahead of their family.
 
Our visit was perfect. The time had slipped away from us and I had to come back home to pick up Landen from school.
 
My view had changed. My heart was softened again. It happened instantly.
 
I was thanking God for allowing my child to 3 years old.
I was thanking God because he has a voice to whine.
I was thanking God because I can hold my baby when I want.
I was thanking God that my child has energy and is healthy. And the list goes on.....
 
I was no longer getting aggravated or irritated with Landen. I know these are all things to be praising God for but when you are caught up in your mundane life; it all starts to look the same.
 
I needed to take a big step outside of my mundane. God put me there.
I needed to see what I have is praise worthy. God showed me that.
I needed to reconnect with a sweet friend. God granted that.
 
Perspective from someone elses eyes looks totally different. You know, while I was with my friend. I got some bad news that has been weighing heavy. But she reached out and helped me, talked with me and even amidst her trouble, she helped me with mine. I love that about her. She is a total rock star! A sweet, caring friend, a faithful Christian and she has a genuine heart.
 
So, while I am working on my imperfect progress.... especially with Landen, I will be seeing my once aggravating, irritating burdens (for lack of a better word), as praise worthy blessings.
 
God gives us everything we need for this day. Nothing more, nothing less. Live by faith, one day at a time.
 
I have been focused on and studying Romans 12:11-12
"Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."
 
Be blessed friends.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment