Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:5

Monday, October 8, 2012

Words and Actions

I am going to continue to share what other part of my imperfect progress the Lord is helping me work on: my words and actions.
 
Mostly towards my husband. I have been convicted of my words and actions towards 'outsiders' for a long time. It is in the comfort of my home that I let 'my comfy' get in the way. For I have someone who is lost looking at me 24/7. He sees what I do as a reflection of Jesus. I need to be His light, a bright light.
 
A different good friend from a different ladies night told us something that has stuck with me from the moment she spoke the words (these ladies nights we have are GREAT, for our souls!!!) She was talking about how she decided a long time ago to put her selfish needs aside for her husband. That she cant expect him to change if she isn't willing to change. That when she is meeting his needs, he is more willing to meet her needs. BOOM! The light went off! Thanks friend! :)
 
How true is that! It got my wheels turning and here we go!! 
 
How can I expect anything to change when my attitude stinks, or my tone is harsh, or my behavior is anything less than Jesus worthy? I cant and it wont. It will dig a deeper hole; a hole that he nor I can afford to get any deeper.
 
It just so happen that he was out of town that week. The next day, I pondered and prayed about the thoughts going on and how to react in the Spirit and not in the flesh to my husband. Because I want more than nothing to do so. I want him to see the Jesus that loves us, that died for us.
 
I have this dry erase board in the kitchen that usually holds a scripture or phrase. God told me to write a message to myself on it. A message of remembrance. Out in the open. So that my husband can see it. So that he will see that I am focused on changing, making a better change. Those words are seen every day. I walk by them many times. It is most certainly a reminder to choose not be offended and to speak lovingly to my husband. There are few times that I have slipped up, and I have repented and apologized. BUT! I am making imperfect progress.
 
When you get close with God, ask HIM what He shall have you do, and get real with yourself, and DO IT! It is amazing at what you can do!
 
I love it! I think that my husband can see a difference. Him seeing the board makes a difference for his actions, because he knows that I am working on it, I can tell he is working on it. See, I give, he gives - its a marriage!! A great marriage that one day will be united under God!
 

Clinging to this verse:
"Wives, in the same way submit yourselves to your own husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives, when they see the purity and reverence of your lives." - 1 Peter 3:1-2
 
*GOD IS ALWAYS SO GOOD!*
 

No comments:

Post a Comment