Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:5

Monday, October 31, 2011

Facebook

Facebook. It is a love-hate relationship.

It can be so pretentious. Everyone post about how happy they are and the good things that happen in their lives (me included). Facebook makes everyone seem so perfect. It hardly ever shows the side of their life that they are not happy with, I mean, why would people share that! 

Facebook allows me to stay in touch with friends and family that dont live close. I like they can see Landen grow up through pictures and feel apart of our lives. And that is reason enough for me to keep my facebook page.

I have been debating on wheither or not to drastically clean my list up; only keep either a family member or friends who I talk to on a regular basis. When I post things of my family, it is meant for my friends and family to see.

Same for me: I dont need to be nosiey or see stuff just to see it. Or see what people post and think just because I see their post, we are friends.  I want to see "post" from people that mean something to me and we mean something to them. 

I have been thinking of the people on my friends list; who is there  just there to "see" the things I post and who is there because we are important to them? Just because we use to know each other doesnt mean we have to be friends on facebook, I honestly believe that. If you want to know what is going on with The Allbrights, then call/text or simply ask me.

Like I said before, if you want to know what is going on with me then why not make it personal and call or text. Dont just be nosiey on my page and pretend to think you are my friend Just because we are facebook friends doesnt make us true friends. Why cant we get back to being personal again?! Before Facebook was around.

Ok, I feel better. My facebook rant is over!

Have a blessed day friends! I will do my "list cleaning" today.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking a lot about this too! Thanks for the rant and reminding me that it is about the actual people and not just their Facebook page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome Jenn. Glad I could help. :)

    ReplyDelete