Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:5

Monday, October 10, 2011

A lesson on faithfulness

Yesterday morning, when I went in to get Landen out of his bed; he had thrown up during his sleep. It has taken 23 months for him to throw up and I missed it. I have always imagined seeing the first time he would throw up as very dramatic and I would be extremely helpless. I wished I could have been there to comfort him. He was not to worried about it. He was pretty amazed by it actually. He kept calling it poo poo. ha ha  

All day yesterday he didn't eat much. Hardly drank anything. He even took a two hour nap, two hours earlier than normal. I just knew he didn't feel good. The strange thing is that Landen will play regardless of the situation!  He is faithful in his play. Even when times get tough, he plays. From the moment he wakes up, to the moment he goes to bed, he plays (sometimes he plays in his bed).

Do we need to have that kind of faithfulness in our relationship with the Lord? Regardless of the situation? I think I do; I pray regardless of the situation. I thank the Lord for our blessings, for the unanswered prayers, and for His will to be done. 

It is a daily challange to give it to the Lord. It is human to want to fix it our selves. Right now, we are facing some tough choices. It tears my heart in different directions. (Being an adult is hard!! ha ha) The decisons are weighing heavy on my heart and the only true comfort I have is to pray to God. When I worry about the next move, I remind my self that HE is in control and HE will not give us something that we cannot handle.  I pray that I will be able to see which way He wants us to travel.  I know that He is with me, everywhere and always and will forever comfort me, I just need to go to Him with my worries and anxiety!

My son amazes me every day of my life. God blessed me so much because of you!!!!

Have a great week friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment