Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:5

Friday, October 7, 2011

My Blessing

Brandon and I had been married for 5 years. I had just graduated college. We had bought our first house. Our lives seemed to be great.....but there was something missing from my life. I wanted to be a mother. We talked and decided to start a family <--- the second best moment of my life. 

We told our family on Christmas of '08 what our plans were. They were SO happy. Everyone was waiting a long time for us to have a baby! We felt the pressure but never gave in until it was our right time.

February 14, 2009 I took a pregnancy test and found out that a we would be parents! It was a scary and very emotional moment. Brandon asked "what do we do now". I said "I guess we have a baby, I have never done this before!". I love that man!! 

My pregnancy was amazing. I LOVED every moment of it. I was induced 4 days past my due date. Labored for about 11 hours (from start to finish but only pushing for about 20 minutes). Landen Kyne Allbright had arrived and blessed our lives more than we can ever imagine, weighing 9 pounds 12 ounces, 22 1/2 inches long.

Being a mother has taught me so many things. Most of all, to live in the present. Time flies by so fast; cherish every moment (even the screaming, kicking fits!). I love that boy with my whole heart and he amazes me every day. When I look at him, I am taken aback by his intelligence, his beauty, his kindness, everything that he is and everything that he will become. Wow, I am in that little boy. His amazing daddy is in him.... It is SO remarkable!!! A true act of God. I am forever blessed because of Landen.

The day God truly blessed me and Brandon.

No comments:

Post a Comment