Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:5

Friday, September 23, 2011

My Past, Present and Future

{I have not blogged in a long time. I have had so many things on my mind that it is starting to feel like chaos in my mind. I had a break through last night (thanks to Jenn) and realized that I need to blog. Blogging lets me get rid of the thoughts that jumble up my mind. It allows me to sort through them and understand them better. Most importantly it allows me to make room for the most important, Jesus. Which in turn makes more room for the people in my life that matter most!

The last week has been full of ups and downs at work, with friends and all around. We have all been under the weather and we have changed a few things in our parenting repertoire. Many changes are taking place and my brain feels every bit of it. I need to "clean out" so I can focus upwards more. So lets get this started:}

The Past: Obviously the past made me who I am today and I cant change that now; but I can change how/who I am today and tomorrow. The past has taught me many things but the most important is that I should have known God a long time ago. God has his way of coming to each of us. He came to me when I was in deep emotional pain. The situation was painful for my heart; it still has residuale affects. He came to my rescue when I was broken down. I didnt know who I was or what I was doing; I was "running around like a chicken with my head cut off". He saved my heart and hasnt let go.  In 27 years, I never thought that I could have such deep connection with Him.  Growing up not knowing him, I didnt know what I was missing out on. I most certainly am saved by grace!!

The Present: It is where I try to stay and for the most part, I do. I try to be in the moment with everything, but there is one area that is weighing me down. The present may not look like what we think we want it to look like. We may not be were we think we want to be. But what we can be sure of is: that our present is not by accident. That everything we in the present is placed there by a mighty hand. Stay focued on what He wants you to get out of the situation and PRAY!! Praying is how we comminuate with God!

The Future: I know that I cannot change people, but GOD can. People may not act the way that I want them to; they may not feel the way I want them too; they most certainly may not say what I want them to say. But I cannot do anything about that. I can however do what God and Jesus have called us all to do and that is love them where they are. I will just let them be what they want to be. I can pray and love them from a far. I am in control of my life. I know that I am blessed and even though the world gives me many things to be distracted by, I will be focused on my blessings.

God knows what is going to happen. Even though I think that I want something to happen so badly, I need to be true to Him. The heart will trick you into the wrong things!!  God is in control and that alone gives me conmfort....I just need to stay focused on that!!

Have a blessed weekend friends!! :)

1 comment:

  1. What a breakthrough! I'm so glad that you are blogging again!

    ReplyDelete