Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:5

Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Perfect Blind Date!

Last week my Sunday school class had a ladies night and I was unable to attend. I heard that they all shared the story of how each met their spouse. I am so sad that I missed out on that...I love good stories! So I want to share how Brandon and I crossed paths.

I graduated in 2002 from New Diana and only a few short months later I was to be sent off to the Air Force (by choice). I had not been dating anyone, I mean, why would I when I was about to leave! I had to keep my options were wide open!

I had a good friend, Caleb, who was dating Jamie. She had a good friend named Brandon. Jamie kept bugging me (and yes, she was truly bugging me) about me just needing to meet Brandon. That she thought we would be "perfect together....blah blah blah".... and I kept telling her no. One day I was sitting at home, bored out of my mind when she called and asked if I would come to Brandon's house tonight to just "hang out with her and her friends from Marshall and just see what I thought about Brandon". I sighed and said ok, Ill go. So I drove to Marshall, at TSTC where he was going to school, and walked into the rest of my life.

It was a first blind date for both of us. I walked into the apartment and my first thought that came through my mind was "he is really tall, what long legs". LOL (He is tall, 6'3, but with me being 5'4, he is really tall!). Later I would find out that his first thought about me was "What in the world is she wearing?!". Back in high school I had my "own style". I didn't care to much what people though, I would wear what I wanted to! So that night I wore my skirt, tank top and perfectly pair with my sneakers.

He couldnt believe that Jamie had set him up with me. lol - silly boy had no idea that I was his dream gal!!We hit it off perfectly.

He met my mother only once before I was left for the Air Force (We met in early September and I left late October). We wrote letters, talked to each other while I was in boot camp. He came to my bootcamp and tech school graduate. I finally met his mother once before I was stationed in Wyoming. Our parents both thought we were crazy for holding on to this "silly relationship" and moving in together across country with noone else - it was us....either it was going to go great or bomb. But my momma didnt raise no fool! I knew I was dating my husband!!

So, after he graduated from TSTC, in December he moved  across the country for me. He packed his little S10 truck to the brim and drove to Wyoming!! We were two kids in love! It was awesome!

After about 1.5 years of dating, I wanted to get married. He said "its just a peice of paper, whats wrong with dating". I stated my case and he stated his.

Ok, so since he is not my husband he cannot tell me what to do, his imput didnt really matter, right? AFter all he was just my boyfriend. You see, Brandon did not like the fact that I already had 2 tattoos when we met, and didnot want me to have anymore. So when he said marriage was not in the future, I went and got a tattoo in March of 04 (yes I am stubborn and strong willed, that has since changed only a little). In April of 04 he asked me to marry him! lol It may be a coincidence but I doubt it! :)

He called my work (as commanders secretary) and asked me over the phone on a Thursday to marry him. (Oh yeah, thats right ladies, over the phone!! :)) Actually he said "So, you wanna get married" I thought for sure he was kidding, but he wasnt....just wasnt good at speaking his emotions I guess!  Of course I said YES!!

That next day was my bestest friends wedding, (whom I walked down the aisle) and saturday we picked out rings, Sunday my mother flew up to Cheyenne, Wyoming and Monday we were at the court house with my mom and Aunt as witnesses and got married for $25. It was the shortest engagement ever but why wait when you know that it is a forever kinda thing! Sure I certainly wish we would have had a wedding, or that my best friend was there but it happened the way it happened.

So almost 10 years of knowing my husband, and happliy married for 7, we are so in love and I KNOW that he is my soul mate and we are together to grow, learn and teach each other so many things.

I love you Brandon Kyne and thank you for loving me, (even though I can get crazy) I cannot wait to grow old with you and Landen.

No comments:

Post a Comment