Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:5

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Humility and Humble

God has been teaching me so many things on these words. Once He decides to teach you something, he will keep giving you opportunities to flex that muscle. I should be one buff lady!!!

Humble:

I have been fighting with satan on being humble. My heart wants to be humble but satan knows where my weak points are and he attacks them! Is it weird to say that since I have become a believer it feels like satan is after me?! He comes after the relationships that I hold so dear to my heart. He gets in my thoughts.

Example: The other day I was confused on how to respond to a friend. I wanted to speak the truth without justifying myself; without making it about me or making it about her. So I waited to respond....I fought those feelings satan was giving me to the point that it made my belly hurt. I waiting until my brain was free of satan and I could hear only God's words. It was the best choice I could of made and even though it was tough, I am so glad I did. Because of the response I choose to give, more doors were opened. The response satan would have gave certainly would have closed them. And I would have been left feeling sad, depressed, confused and mad at myself - just how satan wants us to feel.  

Satan wants to take all good things away from us; he wants us to believe all is bad and nothing we do it good enough.

God sees that we are human and we do sin. He loves us and forgives us for who we are and wants to show us the glory of His word and His way.

It really is a no brainer for me! I choose GOD!! Every time!! It is not easy to fight those feelings and negative thoughts but the more I flex those muscles the quicker I can bounce back with a Godly response to satan when he challenges me.

A friend gave me this verse when I was fighting those feelings (Thank you Courtney). It is SO true! It spoke to me and when I read it, I knew who our fight is really against.
For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Ephesians 6:12
I wonder, how do I stay humble with out becoming a doormat. How to I speak up for myself without justifying myself or making putting my needs above someone else. Mrs. Janet answered that question and now it is so clear!! 
Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ. Ephesians 4:15
God wants us to speak the TRUTH in LOVE! I can tell someone how I feel; with love. My mother always told me (and I am yours did too) "If you cannot say anything nice, don't anything at all!" How true should that really be?!?!? It is ever more true for me now!

Why give those small digs at someone? Does it really make you feel better? "Well if you wouldn't have do that..." "Gosh, I cant believe you..." " Ok fine I will do it then..." (I am going to openly admit; that one is big for me.) I have made myself more aware of saying to Brandon (or anyone!), "Ok, fine then....I will do it. I should have done it to begin with....." When I say that, it hurts him. He wont say it does but it would hurt me! Now instead of setting myself up for failure, I will say "if he doesn't get to it, I will do it." Or I will just go ahead and do it myself instead of letting it get to that point.

Ok, now I am rambling.

Humility:

Mrs. Janet it gave the BEST definition for this confusing word. Humility isn't thinking bad about your self, it is thinking of yourself less often and about others more!! I love it and it speaks for its self!

I hope this all made sense and I made my point (how ever many there were).

Have a very blessed day friends and try and be more humble and have more humility!!!

Remember "Blessings follow obedience!"


No comments:

Post a Comment