Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:5

Monday, August 22, 2011

My thoughts...

Yesterday in Sunday School, Mrs. Janet spoke about treating our life as a prize; about not taking it for granted, what does having your life as a prize mean to you and how living like it is a prize from God would change the way you spent your time.

I have been thinking about it and I know that each and everyday I try and stay in the present moment with Landen. Even if he is screaming, and throwing a fit. It is a moment that we will never get back and I try to learn something from it. God has blessed me beyond measure with a beautiful, healthy son and knowing he will, 99.9% sure because accidents happen and God may have other plans, be the only child of mine makes it even more important to me to cherish every moment, good and bad. [I do love it when I ask him who's momma I am, and he says "my momma". I tell him, "that's right baby, I am only your momma" - that is a special thing.] Yesterday when he got up from his nap, he sat beside me on the couch and fell back asleep, for about 1 hour. He NEVER does that!! So even thought I had laundry to do, food to cook and what ever else, I sat there and enjoyed that moment with him. I remember that he was making me sweat and he was snoring. :) A moment that makes my heart oh so happy.

I also stay in the moment with Brandon. I will be humble towards him and put his feelings and needs above my own. I think that is key to having a happy and healthy marriage. To put someone else above your self; that is not an easy thing to do. But if he is doing things to make me happy and I am doing things to make him happy.....you cant go wrong. :) Brandon is a very special man. I love my whole family with my whole heart. I am truly blessed and lucky.

The sermon yesterday was about forgiveness.

Forgiveness - that is a tough word to swallow. When someone sins against you and hurts your heart....it is not easy to forgive them. BUT What I learned yesterday is a moment to remember.
Matthew 6:14 says, "For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you."
Whoa - ok, so God wants us to fogive others as he has forgiven us. If you cant do that, you wont make it into heaven; hello wake up call! As I was sitting there in service I was thinking of what I needed to forgive others of.  I cant be sure that they will forgive me; but that doesnt matter. God forgives us for our sins, why should we not forgive others?

Man, God is sure teaching me so much....  Have a blessed day friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment