Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:5

Monday, August 1, 2011

Like a sponge

This Sunday in Sunday School, Mrs. Janet called me 'a sponge of Christ' and said that it was a joy to be around me, a new believer. I felt honored when she said that, :).

I have to agree, I am a sponge for the word of Christ. When I became a believer, I knew about 10% of what the bible said, and even that was vague. I just wanna know what He says! Since I can feel and see what He has done in my life, I just want more!

There are a lot of areas in my life that needed work, oh and believe me; there many areas that are not perfect but I enjoy getting the chance to work on them with His help. I really enjoy learning and putting it in to  practice in my life. It is hard to explain, but it is like the spirit is in me.

My faith in God is deep and I feel that I have a close connection with him.  It was deep from the start, kind of strange for me as a new believer to just jump in and be captivated so strongly. I was in a place in my life where I really needed Him and once I called, He was there with open arms; and has not let go since!

There are days when I don't feel as connected with the Lord as I would like, and I know exactly why. It is because I haven't prayed to him or had my quiet time with his word. It is those days that I feel my attitude slipping downward and my words reflect that.  I know I have to fix that brokenness by boldly praying on my knees (usually in the bathroom..lol...it is a quiet place where no one bothers me!).

Once I repent and praise the Him, when I stand up with a fresh relationship with the Lord....it is awesome! When I walk out of that bathroom, I know that what problems were in there before are still there but I have a new outlook on things. I am above all joyful! Joyful for the things that I have and the things I don't have.

I read a blog a while back, from Lysa TerKeurst, that was about jealousy. I have been thinking about something she said, "I am equip to handle what I have, I am not equip to handle what someone else has."  My problems are mine for a reason, because He has enabled me with the skills to handle them. So, I choose to be joyful about having those problems. :)

Mrs. Janet talked about not playing "the blame game" in Sunday School. We shouldnt blame others for our actions. I sometimes find myself wanting to say (and maybe sometimes I do say it out loud - oops) to Brandon..."If you wouldn't do that to me, then I wouldn't be mad". Whoa....really? That is blaming him for my actions. It is easy to do but I can fix it...with the Lord's guidance.

I am a firm believer that you cant keep doing the same things and expect different results. Changing on the inside first and then putting it into action, will result in different results.

Put your life in God's hands and grow, change, flurish and be joyful in this one life you are given!

I started my antibiotics yesterday (and so far, I have remembered to take it twice daily like ordered..ha ha ha). So now we wait and see if it helps.

Have a great day friends and remember to be joyful amongst your problems because they are yours and He knows you can handle them!

No comments:

Post a Comment