Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:5

Friday, July 29, 2011

Our Balloon Race!

Yesterday my mother asked if I wanted to take Landen into town early this morning to show him the balloons? Of course I said yes, what a great idea!!  So this morning, we left my house at 630, we were off to find the balloons!

Usually they are seen around 259, so we went there. No balloons. Usually you can see them down town, so we went there. No balloons. So after 30 minutes of me driving around promising Landen that he would see balloons before he went to daycare, I couldn't find them. :( I was already planning my apology to him when his daddy called. He was at work across town and he said "WHOA!! They are everywhere here! Where are you and have you seen them?" I told him our disappointment and he told us where to go.

DADDY TO THE RESCUE!

So we raced (safely of course) over there and it was like we hit the jackpot; there were about 40 of them!  All over the place; some high, some low, in front of us and behind us! There was a clown, a cat, a bumble bee, a bear and lots of regular shaped ones. They were participating in a game or something. They were lined up and each taking a turn throwing a ball down. Landen didn't to much like the noise it made when they lit their fire, he would grab a hold of me just a little tighter! Ha ha ha.

Landen was in awe of them. This is his first year to actually understand what is happening. I am so glad that I did not have to apologize for my lack of direction!  :)

(I got pictures but haven't had a chance to put them on the computer yet. I will post them when I get a chance.)

I hope you all get a chance to see them. We are not going out to the actual balloon race because we cant stand the 105+ degree weather. If you are brave enough, it is really cool! The last we went was when I was big and pregnant.

Have a blessed Friday and enjoy your weekend. I think we may hit up the Longview Kennel Dog Show this weekend at Maude Cobb, Landen will forsure love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment