Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:5

Monday, July 25, 2011

A weekend of great beginnings

This weekend was full of great beginnings for the Allbright family. I am in awe of how God works in our lives (and how he works within me) everyday.

Saturday was a busy day, went to see my great grandmother, in the nursing home in Whitehouse. She is an amazing lady. I love her and don't go see her nearly enough. Saturday afternoon Brandon, Landen and I went to our Sunday School Swim Party!! About 1 month ago, I asked Brandon if he would think about going. He told me that he would because it meant a lot to me (thank you babe). So we went and as soon as Landen saw the pool....I couldn't keep him out of it. I am thankful for all the sweet friends who helped me with him in the pool. We took turns holding and playing with him. He loved everyone! Jon would through him up high in the air and catch him...HE LOVED IT!! The funniest thing: I put him on the side of the pool and asked him to jump to me....well he jumped straight up and landed on his bottom...on the sidewalk! Not what I had in mind...ha ha ha...thankfully it didn't hurt him.  He was definitely the class clown, making everyone laugh! He was well behaved and we had a great time! Brandon also had a great time. He felt more comfortable than he thought he would. I am sure he had some preconceived notions about what it would be like, and I am glad to report that it was better than he thought!

Sunday was a very big day...for two reasons! I got baptized :) and my dad and I would see each other for the first time since I was pregnant (and before that it had been like, ummmmm probably years... I cant remember the last time I saw him before that.) So, my nerves were at their highest! I wasn't nervous about being baptized, it was all for my dad.

Sunday school was amazing, thank you Mrs. Janet! My mother came up to the dressing room to help me get ready to be baptized....I didn't expect her to but I am SO glad she did! :) I wasn't made aware of who would be baptizing me until about 5 minutes before it started. I was so happy to learn it was Brother Steve! :) He is one awesome man. I felt very honored that he would be the one. My mother kept saying, "I can see Brandon down there, can you?" I couldn't because I didn't have my glasses on and it was all a big blluuuurrr! LOL.

When Brother Steve told me to walk into the water, I wasn't nervous, when the music stopped and I wasn't nervous. I was fine until he started talking about a friends testimony (Haley) and me being saved...then boom - the tears started flowing. I didnt care, it was natural and my heart was full of joy!! He asked me who I took as my personal savior... I looked at him with tears in my eyes and running down my cheek and said "Jesus Christ" and he dunked me. That was it! I walked out a new woman, it was awesome!!

Sweet Haley came up and said congrats and took pictures (she is so great). I got dressed as quickly as I could because I was suppose to meet Brandon at the exit to say good bye (because the plan was for him to leave then, He did me a HUGE favor in coming to see that moment, I understood that he would want to leave).  But when I got to the door, Brandon wasn't there. My mom said, maybe he is going to stay. My heart leaped out and when I walked into the chapel, there he was!! :) It was a huge moment for us. For him to be courageous enough to stay. It really means the world to me.  I soaked up every moment of having my husband in church with me, even if it was for that one day. I prayed that Jesus would speak all he had on to Brandon's heart while he was in the House of God.

After church, my dad came over to our house. He and I were both really nervous but it just came so naturally. I didn't have to force a smile on my face, or pretend that it was ok. It just felt good. We laughed and talked. When Landen woke from his nap, my dad just knew what to do. He played with my son so naturally. It really touched my heart to see that. Landen loved him!  We did some errands and ate lunch. Came back to our house and he stayed for dinner. I really enjoyed getting to know him. He is a very smart man. He is funny and honest. My sister and her babies came over and it was just a big gathering! We were all sad that my half sister had to work. I enjoyed every moment! Although our disposal broke and that was crazy, Brandon went and got another and replace it within 30 mintues! It didn't bother me at all, I was wrapped up in the moment of my dad being here and enjoying that moment. Because it may be a while before it happens again.

I thank God for giving me that ability to have an open heart towards my dad. Thankful that I got the chance to start new. I think that this is the start of a beautiful thing. He left at 730, and I put 119 pictures on a disc for him! LOL I had to document it all!! 

[Today I go see my obgyn, please pray that she doesn't shut me off and say that it is just my period being messed up by the birth control pills.... I think it is something more. The things I feel and go through are not normal.]

Have a blessed and wonderful day!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that Brandon was there with you throughout the service! I will keep praying for you and your family! You are such an awesome encouragement to me!!

    ReplyDelete