Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:5

Friday, July 22, 2011

Giving Thanks


"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thessalonians. 5:18
Do you give thanks when bad things happen? It is easy to give thanks to the Lord when everything is going great. When your life is going smoothly.

It is when we hit that bump and get knocked off course that we see the true challenge. When we get bad news, or something tragic happens....are we still able to give thanks to the Lord?

He knew that it would happen to us and he knows what will happen when we over come it.

He doesn't let bad things happen to us so that we suffer. He gives us those things to challenge us, to make us stronger. He knows what each and everyone of us is capable of...He wouldn't go any further than that.

If you are going through something that you think "this is going to break me", "why me", "I cant do this" "why do bad things always happen to me"....don't give up!!  He wants you to rise above it and see your true potential. Dont be discouraged.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. - Proverbs 3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment