Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:5

Friday, July 15, 2011

Hip Hip Horray - Today is Friday!!!

First off; here is the scary story from this morning!! I was faced with Mazzie (our girl schnoodle) having another seizure. As soon as Brandon left for work, she hit the floor flopping like a fish out of water. It is very scary, for her and myself. [Dexter also has them but his are not nearly as intense.] The last time that Mazzie had one, it lasted about 40 minutes and when we took her to the emergency vet, she seemed ok. But the vet gave us "doggie valum" for when it happens again. I have had to give that medicine to Dexter once and this morning was Mazzie's first time having it. Once I called Brandon and had him come back in the house, he gave her the medicine and within 10 minutes she was calm and starting to recover. She was shaking SO bad. Every muscle in her body was tense and out of her control. All I can do is sit there and hold her tight, so that her body doesn't get to out of control. It terrifies me to think that they may have a seizure when we are not there to help them. That I may come home one day and see the worst.  The vets say that it is so hard to tell what causes them to occur, so....we are kinda left at a stand still and just praying that I am there to help. That was a very intense situation. My heart always breaks for both of them when it happens.

Right before we leave the house each morning, Landen gets to play outside.  This morning he found a 'bug'. It was more like a rolly poly. He loved it. (he loves any and all bugs!! such a boy). He watched as it crawled on my moms hand and then when it started for his hand, he tried to pull it away, but Nana wouldn't let him. He smiled so big and laughed so loudly when it got on him!!  He loved it!!  He walked around with it on his arm until we made him put it back in the leaf so we could leave! He is my total sweetness. (The corn in his hand is for the squirels. He takes a ear of corn out of the bag in the garage every morning and lays out on the grass for the squirels! He is so awesome!)

I am having lunch with Mrs. Janet today (very excited about that) and I am hoping I can resist the fact that today is my favorite cupcake day!! EEEKKKK, I hope I can because I sure don't need it. But I am pretty good at talking myself into anything! :)

This weekend we are just gonna have a lot of great family time!!!  I CANT WAIT!!!!!

Yesterday on the way home from daycare, Landen was playing with my old ear phones and decided that he would "plug in his milk". I looked back and this is what I saw! He  makes my heart burst with happiness!! I love that smarty pants so much! 

Have a Blessed Weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you got that cupcake! (I had TWO yesterday! Well..Weston ate most of the second one but I had some of it) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I got TWO!!! Ha ha ha!! I have decided that I can only use those calories on the chocolate peanut butter cupcake :-) it's absolutly my FAV!!!

    ReplyDelete