Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:5

Monday, August 15, 2011

Humble...

A while back I was faced with needing to be humble above all else. I was in a situation that had my emotions all wrapped, tangled up and bruised. What I wanted to do is justify myself. I wanted to let that person know what I felt, why I felt it and what they did to make me feel that way.  I was convinced that my way was right. That what I was wanting to do was the right way; until Mrs. Janet metaphorically "slapped me in the face". She reminded me that Jesus wants us to be humble! 
Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. - Philippians 2:3-4
Being humble is a very hard thing to accomplish; especially when your emotions are attached to the situation/person and your ego has been bruised.

But I did it. I pushed my selfish, justifying emotions aside and apologized from the depth of my heart.  I must admit, that it was a first for me but a wonderful uplifting thing to do. It healed my heart. Once I apologized for the things that took place, even if at first I didnt see it as my fault, somehow in admist of all that I was able to forgive. It felt great to do that.

Ok, so now that I have said that....I want to say this. What do I do when the other person doesn't see it the way you do? When they aren't acting humble and don't return the favor? That part really stinks. I am struggling with it right now. I remind myself that Jesus says "do nothing out of selfish ambition", so....I shouldn't worry about my feelings and how that person treats me....or should I...wait, I don't really know what He would want me to do. Would he want me to ignore my feelings and be sensitive to the other person? Because His word says 'but even if you should suffer for what is right, you are blessed. -1 Peter 14". So I am being torn with my heart and my emotions. I want, like anyone, have the feelings reciprocated.

Oh, I could go on and on about this!! But I am just not sure how to put the feelings into words yet. This is going to a huge challenge for me. Something that I know will make my soul better, wise and closer to Him when I have conquered it. I am thankful that God is on my side and will guide me through the darkest paths. 'His word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path'. With him, I will be able to do this. I pray that God will help the other person see this as well. I will pray these powerful verses.
Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain. But even if I am being poured out like a drink offering on the sacrifice and service coming from your faith, I am glad and rejoice with all of you. So you too should be glad and rejoice with me. - Philippians 14-18
(Ok, this verse just answered my questions. Thank you God for coming to my rescue so quickly and giving it to me in a way that I can clearly see!!)

Have a blessed day friends. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment