Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:5

Thursday, August 11, 2011

My Attention

I kinda do and I kinda don't feel like writing a blog, so as I write, maybe I will find out why I don't wanna write!

I have a lot on my mind and I am trying to focus my attention where it needs to be....on the Lord first and then my family.

It is not an easy task to focus on the Lord first when your family is physically there and needing your attention. Sure, I think of the Lord all day long but here lately that isn't enough. I have been thinking of making a prayer box(thanks to a wonderful idea from Jennifer Newsham). I have been wanting to do it for about 2 weeks, but never got around to actually getting the supplies. Yesterday after work, Landen and I went to walmart and I got them! Index cards, a index box and index dividers. I was so excited to start writing down prayers!!  After working in the nursery last night, I came home and sat down at the table and started writing.

When people ask you to pray for a certain thing, how often do we forget? I have great intentions of remembering but 'life happens' and I don't remember for very long. I have a card for each person that I want to pray for. Every day I will pull out a few cards and pray.

I need to start setting my time out for the Lord each day. I use to do it but then got distracted by other things, not good, I know. This morning I woke up fine, but as the morning went on I felt myself getting short with Landen and not understanding the way I usually do. I had a short fuse and feel just...blah...and that is a huge sign that the Lord is far from me. I still feel blah and have no excuse for it except that I need to get close with Jesus again.  I need him to replinish my soul.

Sure I could say that I am blah because Landen woke up at 445, or my abdomen is cramping, or today at work is going to be busy or there is so much to do, or that everyday when Landen comes home from daycare he has a bite mark (yesterdays was bad)... but hey, 'life happens'!!! I know that once I set my heart and eyes on the Lord, I will be back to the way I want....ful with joy and at peace with everything.

So, that is why I don't wanna write...because I feel guilty that I have let my relationship with the Lord fall to the waist side'. I am going to focus on the following quote and let the Lord take over.
Peace does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble, or hard work. Peace means to be in the midst of all those things and still be calm in your heart.~Catherine Marshall
Have a greatly blessed day friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment