Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:5

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Refreshment

At Feminar 2012, I learned a lot. I want to share with you what Angela Thomas has to say about refreshment from the Lord.

We are all, always weary and tired. Worn out and looking for the newest "thing" to give us energy and miraciously not so worn out. The culture is swarmed with new tricks, old tricks and things that sound ridiculous but people still try it in hopes they can get ahead.

All we need is the LORD! He is our refreshment. He is the Lord Almighty. Scripture states that the Lord will give us refreshement many times. Angela was so kind as to point 8 of them out to us!

I love this. Culture thinks that we need to be fixed and that we can buy things to fix us; when the only thing we can buy to help us is a bible!

Side note: There are a lot more than this in the bible! Go searching! There are a few spots where my notes are sparing; I was busy listening instead of writing. :) What can I say, Angela was amazing!


8 Provision for being weary and tired and how to recieve His refreshment: 

1. Being in the presence of the Lord will restores our soul. Talking with the Lord will give you peace. It wont make your situation disappear but He will give you the rest you need to preserver.
Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."
2. Some times the Lord ask us to wait right where we are until He reveals His answer. Learning to trust the Lord fully. Making time for the Lord is important.
Psalm 46:10 “Be still, and know that I am God."
3. To honor the sabbath. To keep the day of rest, just for that, rest. God gave us that day because we need it, not because He needed it. He is Sovergn Lord, He does not need rest. But we are His creation, He gave us that gift. Take it.
Exodus 20:10 "but the seventh day is a sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your male or female servant, nor your animals, nor any foreigner residing in your towns."
 
Exodus 31:13 “Say to the Israelites, ‘You must observe my Sabbaths. This will be a sign between me and you for the generations to come, so you may know that I am the LORD, who makes you holy."
I am going to take this gift the Lord has given me. Sunday will be my day of rest, as He intended. My job is to clean house, and keep things in order. Sunday, I will allow myself to take time and rest! Refresh my soul with scripture and reconnect with the Lord for the week to come. He is first and foremost important. If you have your eyes set on Jesus, everything else falls into place.  I am taking that break!

4. Remember that you can not do everything. Jesus himself didnt do everything. (sadly this is all I have for number 4. - oops.)

5. We require rest. Your time with the Lord where you get your rest. It is where He can restore the wearness and build your strength.
Mark 6:31 "Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.”  
6. Repent your sins. Repent and turn away from your sins.
Acts 3:19 "Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord" 
7. Look for the good way of the Lord and walk in it. When you turn from wicked ways and walk the way of the Lord, He will give you refreshment for when you are weary and tired.
Jeremiah 6:16 "This is what the LORD says: “Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls."
8. Have Godly friends!  They are good for your soul and they will refresh you!

I 110% see how important it is to have Godly friends. I have a select few Godly friends that I run to when I need advice. When something hurt my feelings or I just need to talk. I know that they will give me the advice of the Lord. In return, I try to be that friend. To give the advice that I would want. I pray that I am that to at least a few people.

1 Corinthians 16:15-18 "You know that the household of Stephanas were the first converts in Achaia, and they have devoted themselves to the service of the Lord’s people. I urge you, brothers and sisters, to submit to such people and to everyone who joins in the work and labors at it. I was glad when Stephanas, Fortunatus and Achaicus arrived, because they have supplied what was lacking from you. For they refreshed my spirit and yours also. Such men deserve recognition. God recognizes that Godly people refresh each others soul.

These are repeating in my head and being inbedded into my soul. Just knowing that God will give us EVERYTHING we need; lifts my spirits. How can we not trust Him completly. He wants GOOD for us!

Aaahhhh, there is so much going on inside me...that I am slightly overwhelmed with all the powerful information I received this weekend. My testimony played today, and it was a very emotional moment for me. Before it played I was completly full of the Holy Spirit that I just cried the whole time! And tomorrow morning, I am ready to do it all over again!!  I love my church family! 

JUST GIVE ME JESUS!!

I am tired and ready for bed :) Night night sweet friends.

Go and get your refreshment!
It is waiting!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment