Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:5

Monday, May 9, 2011

*A Revelation*

I have had a revelation! A revelation in relation to my "inner self". I was reflecting back on our Sunday School lesson and suddenly something clicked.

The lesson was about "meeting the needs of others" and "what would Jesus do". I have been challenged by Him (within myself) to meet the needs of others that I meet and already know. There are a few people who put up a good fight. I have been thinking about them lately and this morning realized that Jesus would not give up on them. He would fight for them and fight to win their hearts.

I need to come out of my comfort zone, which a real comfy place to be and its a place I don't like leaving, and relay the message of God through my actions and words.

It is hard because I second guess myself all the time. "What if I do this and it gets worse", "what if I do that and they get mad", "what if that isn't what they truly need/want and I have messed up"? I have to trust the way the Lord makes me feel. I need to learn to understand the signs of him pressing in on me and react to that! Trust in the Lord and I will succeed!!

Jesus ate with sinners and tax collectors, he did not disregard them because he disagreed with them. Instead, he showed mercy and compassion.

To sum up what I am feeling, is that: everyone needs something. Compassion, mercy, love, encouragement, hope, faith....etc.

I feel strangely calm about this, which is great because this morning I was worried and having a hard time understanding some things. Now I know that I can give the word of the Lord to others who need it. I have been somewhat cautious about giving it because I wasn't sure I was ready. 

[The biggest challenge will be my husband. I am so guarded with how I handle his feelings toward the Lord that I am scared to "rock the boat". I love him deeply and he is the one person who I want to understand this the most. I am greatly challenged by him :)]

I think I am ready to accept this challenge.....Doesn't the tortoise win the race?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment