Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:5

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A new chapter.

"A comfort zone is not a growth zone."
 
I have heard it and been reminded of it many times recently. (You could say it is our motto in Sunday School.)
 
Today is the day that my comfort zone goes away and my growth zone begins! I start working with the youth at church tonight at church!
 
I loved working in the nursery. It is a fantastic place and a lot of wonderful things are happening there, with great people. When God speaks, I obey. Even when it is scary, because you don't want to miss the boundless blessings He has in store for you. (9 times out of 10, it seems very scary!)
 
The youth needed help at our church and he told me to go. I didn't want to go. I feel totally inadequate to teach youth. But when God tells you to do something, you know that He will give you everything and more you need  to accomplish it.
 
He kindly reminded me that the nursery was my comfort zone. I had been there a year and it was time for me to move on. I needed to step out and be stretched, be more vulnerable. You see, being in the nursery, the little, sweet babies, crawlers and toddlers cant talk back. They cant ask me questions about my past, or push me beyond my 'limits'.
 
But that is exactly what God was telling me to jump into. That He would be there to catch me. Where I am jumping is a wonderful place that needs people that love Him and His son!
 
I am excited for this next step in my life. Excited to see how God will use it. Even better things are yet to come!!! You just have to be available, so I am making myself available.

No comments:

Post a Comment