Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:5

Monday, August 20, 2012

My Assignment

I want to tell you all a story, a long story, of how the Lord showed up right when I needed him. How he filled me with his Spirit and walked me every step of the way. At first, I didn't know expect the day to turn out like it did, but He did. I am once again, in awe of the Lord Almighty.

One my way to church I talked to my sister and told her that if she wanted to come to church, today would be a great day to do it, because our possible new preacher is preaching! She then told me that she couldn't because my great grandmother's health has really turned for the worse and she probably wont make it through the week. (My sister works for hospice and she knows these kinds of things, she sees death all the time.) So immediately God convicted me of any plans I had after church. The guilty feeling. I knew that I should be there with her in the nursing home. That I had to rush to her side asap. I made plans to drop Landen off with Brandon at home and drive to Whitehouse. But first God knew that I needed to be prepared for my "assignment".

Yesterday at Macedonia Baptist Church, we heard our new preacher! Dr. Keith Kelly was called to our church by God, this was his divine appointment. He served as a mighty warrior! I want to give you a brief run down of his sermon, because each part of it pertains to what happened to me. He spoke about "The Faith that Kills Giants." (This sermon would come to mean so much to me and God has a divine purpose for EVERY thing.) I Samuel 17 David and Goliath.

I. A faith devoted to the assignment: requires discernment, understanding of the assignment. - I knew that driving to my grandmother that death was approaching and that the Lord was the only one who could help/relieve her.
- It requires conviction to do the assignment. (check...the Lord had already accomplished that one.) 
David saw Goliath as an opportunity, not a threat.
I LOVE THIS: Dr. Kelly said, that if we
 "seek out and serve, the Lord can sanctify. But when we set and soak, we get sour. "
II. A faith expressed through the right attitude. - it requires total abandonment from others and commonsense. David told Saul that his Lord will fight the fight for him.

III. A faith exercised though action: - it requires preparation. Time with the Lord. On my drive to my great grandmother, I spent each moment speaking with the Lord. Asking for his wisdom, words and giving him my tears and fears. I know that He is in control and if he wants my precious grandmother, then he will have her. Glory be to him. And she will no longer be in the pain she is in, no my suffering. She will be at his feet praising him!  I was praising him for that!!

- it also requires execution: I was praying that the Lord give me strength to be what my family needed. To be his shining light in this time of darkness. I could feel him within me, but I wanted others to feel it. They needed to feel it. I wanted to be able to pray out loud for her (which I am not very good at, but the Lord is making sure I am working on that!)
- Prayer prepares you for battle. It doesn't take the battle away, it makes it bearable because you have the Lord with you.  

At the bottom of my note pad, I wrote"
"What is your assignment?"
Answered with, "To visit my great grandmaw"

Now I didn't know at the time that my actual assignment would turn to be ushering her into the presence of the Lord himself.  

My aunt and I were on each side of her, while she was taking breathing treatment. We were holding her hands. She was in a lot of pain. I was telling her and my aunt of the glorious day when she will see Jesus! I told my great grandmother that it was ok to go see him. She will no longer hurt, no longer suffer. She will dance with angels, she will worship with the King of Kings! Hallelujah!! My great grandmother has wanted to be with Jesus for along time now.

About 15 minutes passed during the treatment, we removed the mask to realize Jesus had already taken her. What a glorious, very sad, serial moment. I am so thankful that God put me at her bedside. He gave me the moment to hold her hand. To talk to her. To say sweet words to her. To pray for her when she left this earth. Wow. A moment in time that I will hold dear forever and always.

Later that day, my sister told me that she had told my aunt early that morning (my sister didn't know I was going up there yet) "make sure you, or who ever is there, tell granny that it is ok to let go, that it is ok to go see Jesus. I see a lot of people hold on to life because they are scared. They need to know that it is ok."

I KNOW that God put me there!! How humbling.

Satan was in my head for a brief moment with excuses of why I shouldn't go.....thank you God for over powering the devil!

{Thank you Dr. Keith Kelly for enabling me for this assignment, and many more to come! You have my vote!! }

Rest in Peace Sweet Great Grandmaw. Mary McDaniel, 91 beautiful years! Love you so much!

Dance a dance with the King for me!!




No comments:

Post a Comment