Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:5

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Called Me Out

This morning started as usual. Wake up, breakfast, coffee and our Tuesday routine grocery trip. Things were going fine. Nothing great, nothing terrible. Landen and I were doing....ok.

One thing that was not ok, was my attitude. My tone. Landen was acting like a normal 2 year old (well, his normal 2 year old self) and this morning, I was letting it get the better of me. My words were stinging my ears, so I knew they were stinging his.

I didn't like it, so I knew he didn't like it. And I could guarantee that God didn't like my sour attitude.

Things progressively got worse, as I talked to my husband on the phone, my words and tone stung him. We hung up the phone and I single handley made his attitude turn from good to bad.

I was a mad little bee, just stinging everyone who got in my way.  

**sting sting sting, buzz buzz buzz**

Over nothing. There wasn't anything that happened. I was acting like my son! Being a 2 year old.

Landen and I were on our way to the splash pad to hang out with our friends, and I had a talk with God.

I repented for my attitude. I thanked him for his new compassion everyday, because He sure knows I need it! I asked him to forgive me for stinging everyone I loved dearly and to walk with me the rest of the day. Be by my side and take this anger that I was showing away from me.

My pride was shocked at what I heard from him!! Shocked!

He told me to apologize!

He said that he would walk with me, he would always be with me, but I needed to sincerely apologize out loud, to the people I had been rude too. And of course I had to do what he said. I cant tell him no!

He told me that I was acting like his little 2 year old and I need to apologize. (That is what I make Landen do! The lessons that come back to get me!! "Aww, man. For reals? Well played, God, well played!")

I think that God put that red light in my path, at that particular time just so that I could turn around and apologize to my sweet little 2 year old. Landen has great compassion, and said that he forgave me and we vowed to have a great day together with God beside us!

I called my husband and apologized. He forgave me. After I did that, it was like God said, "Thank you child. Now have a better day with me beside me." and Landen and I have been GREAT!

I set my pride aside and did what I was told to do.

*Blessings follows obeidience*

Next time I will try and not let it come to that point. I will ask for God to come along side me BEFORE I start stinging people.

Thank heavens God forgives us!!!!!!

Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him. -  Lamentations 3:22-24



No comments:

Post a Comment