Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:5

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Representing My Faith

During my brief facebook hiatus, God poured some difficult trials on me. Life must go one. Being a mother, a wife, a christian, a friend, etc...all of those have duties. He apparently sees it fit to give me those, so He sees it fit that I can fulfill those duties. It was a brief period but I learned a lot about myself and about God.
 
It didn't take me as long to come to this conclusion about facebook as I thought it would. I enjoy my life without it being consumed with facebook. I get more done. However I do miss seeing my family and friends. All of those sweet babies. So I have decided that my hiatus is over.
 
Being involved with the youth at church, the kids are on facebook and it is an outreach.  They see worldly things that their friends post. I could be the one (hopefully not the only one) that post about God's glory, grace, mercy, etc.
 
Facebook doesn't have to be the devils playground. I have decided to use it to continue to spread God's word.
 
I miss encouraging people. You never know who needs it!
 
Ive been thinking about it for a few days and as Cory reaffirmed last night in youth:
"Being a Christian is not about what you don't do, it is about what you do to represent your faith!"
 
For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. - Ephesians 2:10
 
Let us all start somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment