Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:5

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Melting Pot

For a while now I have been telling myself that I need to sit down a blog again. Well I am now at my kitchen table blogging because I feel that I am about to explode inside. (I m not sure what this will look like, so bear with me. It may be a melting pot.)

One of the things on my mind is how hard it is to take a family through life being the only spiritual leader. It is extraordinarily hard. A challenge that when I am not crying out to God in despair for help, I am thanking him. He sees something in me. Something that I don't at times, something that keeps me going! That in its self is inspiring. To know that God loves you enough to give you a challenge like that, and knows that you can make it through it for his glory! It is hardest when I see my husband discouraged and in need of God's grace, love and mercy. I know that God is the only one that can mend and restore him. That is when I break down, but that is when I need to grow to be my strongest!

As many of you know, I love Jesus with my whole being. Jesus is deep in my soul. He is on my mind all the time! It is like I am having a love affair with him. All day, everything I do. I wake up singing random songs about him! It is most important to teach my son the importance of God. The glory of God. The value and beauty of God against the scorned and dark world. I want to tell everyone about him. He makes me happy, very happy. (I thank him for the great parking spots!) He has done so much for me. He is faithful and will always come when called.

Last Sunday in Sunday School, we talked about idols. What takes place of your time with Jesus? Anything can be an idol. Good things can be idols; kids, jobs, hobbies. God clearly says that we shall not have idols above him, HE is our one idol. Now I am not saying I don't have idols, because surely I would clean my house or sit on the couch and watch tv than be in in his word! But it is something I intend to work on. Setting off more time with my Savior. In this dark world, I need it. I need his strength to fight my family through!

It takes effort to stay in the 'light', when we are in darkness and especially when times are good. It is easy to slip away from God, the world is like a black hole! When we are in darkness, we search for the light. When times are good, we don't search for it and we get consumed with 'things' and loose sight of His glory if we don't have a heart for Jesus. That is why it is imperative to transfer truth to the next generation.

I want to thank all of you who have prayed for us the past few days (my Sunday school class, you guys always pray for us, or via facebook post). There are some choices to be made. While I am asking the Lord which way to go, Brandon is stressed and if you could please continue those prayers, we would greatly appreciate it. I know that having you join me in the fight helps take the heavy load off my shoulders.

When people say "ask for prayer". Do it!! We need to help! Asking each other for prayer doesn't mean we are weak, it means we are coming together under God to worship him and his power, in supporting each other! We weren't meant to fight this battle alone.

Have a great day friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment