Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:5

Friday, August 17, 2012

Not a Follower

Today the world didn't collapse.

Today the world kept moving.

Today my life kept focus and wasn't filled with unnecessary nonsense.

Today was the day that I canceled Facebook.

But I was feeling some "with drawl" symptoms!  I reached out and seeked encouragment from a friend, and boy did she give it!

She told me that:
"God is clapping his hands at me and is very proud of me. She then called me a leader not a follower".

I dont think I am ever been called a leader before.

She told me that she looks up to me and wants to me like me and there for I am her leader!

WHOA! What? (Thank you sweet friend. You are very special to me too.)

The next words out of my mouth (or out of my hands because we were texting) surprised even myself just a little. I told her:
"I try to be someone who people will respect but mostly I just try and be who God wants me to be."
She said, "that is what I mean - those words amaze me."

Looking back on what I said, they amaze me too.

As long as I am striving to be who God wants me to be,  I am going to be ok!

And I can't follow people if I am going to follow God!

I am a follower of Jesus Christ!!
Then he said to them all: Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. - Luke 9:23

1 comment: