Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:5

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Humbled by my Child.

Tonight was a ordinary night. Landen and I had been shooting things with his new gun all day. It was a wonderful day. That little child had been filling my heart with joy just by looking at this face. Seeing him with his hat on backwards and his face lit up with pure happiness.

The events that have taken place the past few days and in the days to come have shaken me to the core. But the thing is, all that has brought me even closer to the Lord. His presence is so strong with in me that is kinds scares me, just a little. It is like I am no longer there and it is Him. (Whoa!) I have been told the past few months by a few of the most important people in my life that I am "wise beyond my years".

Its scares me because I don't know exactly what to do with it, yet. I know.... you say "Miranda, He will show you." I know He will....in his time.

For all the work that I put into my family. All the time and effort, it seems effortless. It is what I am made off.  It seems to flow from me. I have been made for this. Giving the Lord to them. We didn't have the Lord before a year ago. We have lived with out him for so long. No longer!!! Of course I get weary and tired.! But that is when I lean on the Lord and he gives me the strength I need to continue for His glory!

Everything I do is first and foremost for the Lord and then for my family to see the glory of God and then other people to see the glory of God.

Teaching Landen of the Lord is so very important to me and it keeps me on my toes. It is always on the forefront of my mind. Everywhere we go. In everything that we do. With everyone we come into contact with.

Today Mr. Landen taught me a lesson. It was a lesson that touched my heart. A lesson I am thankful for, I will send to his blog so he can remember this too. :)

**I gave Landen his plate for dinner, and sat down beside him and we started to eat. Then he stopped, looked at me and bowed his head and said "I am praying".


(Yep, at that moment God spoke to me and I saw my son teach me a valuable lesson of thankfulness and conviction.)

Landen know the Father's Prayer, "Our Father in heaven, your kingdom come....(every night before bed, that is our prayer) so that is what he started saying.

I asked him if he wanted me to pray for our food and he said yes. So I did (and the Lord again, works on me praying out loud.) So I did, we said Amen. and then I snapped this picture.

He is precious. Absolutely precious. It makes me cry thinking of it.

That moment shows me that of all the things that I am doing, he is getting it! I am leading Landen to the kingdom of the Lord!!!  As long as I am living, I will pray for, live for and love for that little boy. He has treasure in the kingdom of heaven! It is all because of the Lord and his grace, love, kindness and forgiveness for me that I am able to show that to my son.  
Prasie our God, for He is good!

After tonight, we will be praying before our meals!!  :)

Thought I would leave you all with this; Stars and whales singing to "How Great is our God!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment