Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. - Psalm 25:5

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Thank you

I have a good friend, Randi, who has told me a few times, "your blog is so inspiring, it touches my heart. Thank you for being brave enough to share it." I don't want to discount all the other friends who tell me that my blogs have spoken to them. Words cant even explain how hearing that touches my heart. To know that, what I write effects peoples life....in a great way, is an amazing overwhelming gift.

I have many thoughts on me being "brave"....so here they are.

It all comes down to my old and new life. I distinguish the two by before and after I knew Him.

Before I knew him, I would find myself, trying to be something that I wasn't. Trying to fit into others shoes and act like it was me. It was not obvious to me that what I was doing didn't truly fit me. I would hear someone try something, cook something, wear something and I thought that I needed to do that and see if I could, or see if it worked for me. I am sure my husband got tired of that. ha ha ha. I wouldn't say what I felt. I was scared of what others would say or think of me. I had a good life, don't get me wrong. I was happy....even caught up in all the "earthly things or earthly feelings". All of these things were not apparent to me.

I really thought that I was living my life, all awhile I needed to be living His life.

Now, I feel that I am an open book. That I know myself so much better than before. My decisions are still not perfect and I am learning as I go, what is and what isn't right for me. I am learning what I truly love and what my heart desires. Before Randi said that I was brave...I hadn't really thought about it. But saying what is on your heart for others to judge is...well it is brave. Some may be inspired by it, others my say "I don't believe she has changed...I knew the old her...."  What I say to those people is this: Do not judge, or you too will be judged. - Matthew 7:1.  Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye. - Matthew 7:3.  What astounds me is that I don't really care what "others" think of me...or what they say...what truly matters is what He thinks of me and He loves me just the way I am. I choose to please Him.

Blogging is something that I choose to do because it gives me a chance to express myself and release my thoughts. Being open about it gives others a chance to know the new me. Some times it seems that I rattle and the thoughts just come so fast pouring out of me. So if sometimes I don't make sense; just 'chalk it up' to God pushing the words out to fast! Ha ha ha

I strongly believe that being open also lets me feel more connected to God.
My life quote is "Before I knew God, I had a good life. Now that I am a strong believer, I have a profound life.

So, THANK YOU to those of you who support me.  I will continue to write my blogs, I invite you to come along with me on this crazy, yet fulfilling and most definitely educational journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment